Laser Skin Rejuvenation in St. Louis, MO
The staff at Parkcrest Plastic Surgery welcomes patients interested in laser skin rejuvenation from across Missouri, including St. Louis, St. Charles, Chesterfield, O’Fallon, St. Peters, Creve Coeur, and surrounding areas. Our trusted reputation has been built on our promise to provide expert treatment in a compassionate, friendly environment.
Laser skin rejuvenation at Parkcrest Plastic Surgery is a treatment to resurface your skin or to improve the texture and overall appearance of your skin. Laser skin rejuvenation is a relatively new method of improving skin texture and appearance. It can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles of the entire face or those that develop in specific regions of the face, such as the upper lip and around the eyes, as well as treat pigmentation disorders, such as sun and age spots.
In addition to skin resurfacing, laser skin rejuvenation is used to remove facial scars, acne scars, and excess facial hair. Conditions that can be treated with laser skin rejuvenation include the following:
- Facial wrinkles, both static (wrinkles that do not change with facial movements) and dynamic (expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving and deepen with facial muscular activity)
- Pigmentation resulting from sun exposure – freckles, sun spots, or other darkened patches of skin
- Scars – as the result of acne or injury to the skin
- Vascular conditions – small blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, which may appear as facial thread veins or a red facial flush
- Loss of skin tone – weakening of collagen and elastin fibers that decrease skin firmness
How Is Laser Skin Rejuvenation Performed?
- At Parkcrest Plastic Surgery, we listen to what our clients tell us. Laser skin rejuvenation is high on the wish list of many, and we have a full range of solutions to offer. During the procedure, an intense beam of light energy (laser) is directed at the area to be treated. The laser destroys the outer layer of skin (epidermis) and at the same time heats the underlying skin (dermis), which stimulates the growth of new collagen fibers. As the wound heals, new skin forms that is smoother and tighter.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation Recovery and Healing
Your laser skin rejuvenation medical professional will provide you with precise instructions on how to care for the laser-treated skin. Your doctor may prescribe an anti-bacterial medication to minimize the probability of complications, an anti-inflammatory, and a steroid to further reduce inflammation.
You will also be advised about signs that may cause concern. Be sure to attend your follow-up appointment(s) so that your doctor can check that your skin is healing effectively after your procedure.
Ensure that you protect your skin after laser skin rejuvenation from further sun damage by avoiding exposure to the sun for at least six to 12 months, until the pigment has completely returned to your skin.
Parkcrest Plastic Surgery staff will be happy to go through any instructions for your post-treatment recovery, and will also be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Results: Laser Skin Rejuvenation Before and After Surgery
The results of laser skin rejuvenation are often dramatic, and our patients are always delighted by their results. Explore the results that can be achieved by viewing these laser skin rejuvenation before and after pictures. These before and after surgery pictures will be sure to inspire you.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation Costs
At Parkcrest Plastic Surgery, we treat every patient as an individual and our comprehensive list of prices for our procedures are tailored to meet individual requirements. We will be happy to discuss laser skin rejuvenation costs with you. Our professionally trained staff will go through any of the Parkcrest Plastic Surgery pricing structures so that you can arrive at a plan that works for you. Parkcrest Plastic Surgery welcomes all inquiries for patients seeking laser skin rejuvenation.
At the Parkcrest Plastic Surgery office, Dr. David A. Caplin, Dr. Melvin Maclin, and Dr. Patricia McGuire offer plastic and reconstructive surgery to patients across Eastern Missouri including St. Charles, Chesterfield, O’Fallon, St. Peters, and Creve Coeur. Contact the Parkcrest Plastic Surgery office today to schedule your laser skin rejuvenation consultation!